VTEC Fan from overseas

tdigitek

Hi everyone, glad to find this forum. I am from overseas, just moved to Thailand. Thailand is wonderful, love the people, culture, food etc.

I am a Honda VTEC fan. Previously driving FN2R and FD.

I have been having the VTEC craving since I arrived here. And through out this time, I have been trying to get familiar with the local automotive market whenever time permit. I am hoping the forum here, will shorten my learning curves!

Unfortunately, I have found out that importing car (new or old) is ridiculously costly, if not close to impossible.

Hence I am now looking out for a second hand, which good chassis (body) , and then try to build it up later on.

Is there any recommendations of reputable used car dealers? or anyone knows of someone who wants to sell off his mod up ride?

I am looking for anything from EG, EK, to FD.

Thanks!

BTW, I am residing in Pattaya area and BKK area as well. Trying to find a fun ride to travel between BKK and Pattaya. Missing those VTEC roar already.....

• 3 months later...

For complete build FD2 cost 1.7 Million baht.

If you want some FD which swap engine with Type R.

First option: You have to waiting until right time, some owner will sell out price around 800,000 - 1,000,000 baht (up to condition)

Second option: For build yourself,

- 2nd hand FD pricing around 350,000 Baht

- K20A Engine (FD2) with all suspension and brake (ready to swap) around 350,000 Baht (Without interior)

- For whole FD2 wreck from Japan (Separate into 2 pieces chassis can not reuse) cost around 550,000 Baht (Up to condition)

- For mechanic man hour not over 15,000 baht.

If you interesting for K20A tuning or advise please visit my page.

http://www.facebook.com/knimaru